Brockton Davis Real Estate Consultants, Inc. was conceived to hone our institutional quality management expertise with an emphasis on personal service. Whether you are buying, selling or have acquired for the long term hold, we offer a wide range of services tailored to your individual needs. Offering over 30 years of solid real estate background, we are a wise choice to handle your real estate portfolio either large or small.
Operations Management Consultants
It has always made good business sense to make an overall audit of the quality and efficiency of your portfolios operations. Being certified for management overview through the internationally accredited CPM designation, we can review your entire portfolio’s performance and make recommendations. We can emphasize the review of segments that you would like to have fine tuned. Today, like never before, cost and efficiency in all areas is essential for survival.
Some of our services for owners include:
- Auditing budgets and examining costs appearing out of line.
- Handling and/or auditing bid processes.
- Performance reviews of the property operations.
- Reviews of efficiency versus cost.
- Study of employees and recommendations to motivate and enhance performance.
- Reviews of leasing budgets, and advertising media to maximize coverage and exposure.
- Ideas for minimizing lease costs and commissions.
- Lease Audits and negotiation.
- Draft and implement Tenant Retention program.
- Inspect property for future capital improvements and ADA shortcomings.
- Measure cost versus payback of improvements.
- Positioning property and or portfolios for disposition at the best possible return on investment.
We have found that after many years of doing business with the same entity, the attention to detail slides and costs inflate unchecked. Without constant checks and balances, a performing asset can become a non-performing liability.
Tenant Consulting Services:
We are available to do Exclusive Tenant Representation. The full service options afford you the hands on company to conform to your specific needs and locate in the perfect location for your company to thrive.
Some of our services for tenants include:
- Review of your company’s future growth expectations
- Use the future parameters, as well as the present employee numbers, and size requirements to work with you to develop the best plan for your office/store or use your existing footprint to match location.
- Complete the full demographics study to support your business location needs.
- Complete the groundwork to find the best locations, with competitive costs for the market.
- Negotiate leases.
- Solicit bids, and work with your company to review the best options.
- Oversee work, payment requests and inspections.
- In the event you are have current locations we offer lease audits and review of the lease cost versus the average leasing costs for your specific market.
We welcome tenant representation and offer exclusive representation options for each market discipline.
We offer a fully proactive maintenance program and a menu of related services including, but not limited to:
- Operation Audits to review expenses and generate cost savings
- Budgeting and Fiscal Management
- Position to increase productivity, cash flow and asset value
- Bidding, purchasing, maintenance and construction oversight
- Payback analysis
- Tenant Retention Programs
- Inspection and property evaluation on a regular basis
- Risk Management, ADA and Insurance Issues
Our management team monitors the tenancy and recommends changes to deal with local market trends.
This is the single most important decision for the success of your headquarters or expansion. Realizing this, we meet with your representatives personally to review your business’s special needs, whether they are office, industrial related or retail. The market and trade analysis, along with a full demographic study is important. Also of major importance is spot locating your competition and knowing what your competitors are paying for space. Whether you require a Class A building, back office space, or a prominent pad location . . . whatever it is, we can help and save your company the cost of an in-house leasing specialist full time with travel. We can not only site locate, but we can take the location from conception through to final approval and occupancy.
Foreclosures / REO
We work with the management arm of savvy institutions that find they need more than a broker to handle their default properties. These properties, more than any others, need careful management and inspection on a regular basis. About 85% of the foreclosures have had freeze-up damage and this alone has resulted in a $5,000 to $15,000 loss in asset value, depending up the size of the property and the damage. Winterizing a property is a $200 to $250 cost. Why? A professional property manager, brokerage with turnaround training would automatically know this and act.
Many of the properties do not sell based upon issues such as over assessment, area concerns and pricing for a competitive market. We analyze these stumbling blocks for our clients and make recommendations. Regular reporting keeps the institution in touch with the market and their assets. They can efficiently address the board with reports and solid updates. We perform the portfolio management for institutional clients, as we have had two years with Resolution Trust and served as an Equity Partnership negotiator for the Arab International Group during the Savings and Loan bailout era.
Acquisition, Turnaround, and Disposition
As specialists, we monitor your real estate assets and locate other complimentary assets for your portfolio, constantly staying aware of the chance of disposition at a future date. There are times that a location is superior, but the asset is either under-performing, in need of a facelift, or has a large vacancy. The asset is tired. This is the perfect opportunity for acquisition. But at what price? We do the analysis. There are many studies to be performed by a diligent investor prior to acquisition. We review these with you and remain involved during the process of engineering studies, lease analysis, subordination agreements, etc. The challenge of turning around this type of asset is both exciting and rewarding.
The Westage asset was purchased in a phenomenal location, in the 1992 economic upheaval, at a bottom price with unheard of equity and loan terms. The purchasers were savvy investors and seized this opportunity. The property was turned around, built out, and occupancy increased from 52% to 97% with Class A tenancy. The asset surged approximately 400% in value. This was one of the most challenging and rewarding times of our Managing Director’s career!
To dispose of an asset, you have to be continually monitoring each improvement and do the payback analysis to know if the cost is worth the expenditure. Your asset’s market position is of utmost importance.
This is probably the most dynamic and rewarding part of our job. Let our team help yours!